Forum

ts 930 pll unlock and ps  

RSS
summitradio
(@summitradio)

I have k8GUs old 930 that he blogs about on his site. I had the radio in storage foa a while and now the pll unlocks when I change bands.

I tried to adjust L77 and it worked for a while. I think it may have some bad caps or solder somewhere.  Where is the first place to look?

Also I have a Phoenix contact 10 amp PS here and was wondering if it may be usable for the power supply project? 

Thanks

George NE2I

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 12:06 am
ak6ok
(@ak6ok)
Member Admin

Hi George,

The first thing I would check is the 21V power supply. If it is off too far, the PLL does tend to unlock easily. As far as the Quint supply, it will work as long as you keep the transmit power down a bit. In full transmit mode, the transceiver uses about 14A, higher than the power supply can deliver. But it should work. We of course use the 20A version and it runs almost cold. 

I hope that answers your questions and Thank you!

Jeff Hilliard AK6OK

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 12:15 am summitradio liked
summitradio
(@summitradio)

Thanks for the tips Ill check the 21v supply rail to the pll board. I decided that its a better deal to get the full supply upgrade. I had this one laying around. I'll use it for my Tic ring controller project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 1:09 am
ak6ok
(@ak6ok)
Member Admin

Sounds good. The upgrade kit is a pretty good deal! Let me know if I can assist in any other way! Jeff AK6OK

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 11:49 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register